I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Things are going well here.... Jessica and I have gotten past the surface part of the relationship, and have started going a bit deeper. Its going better than I have expected. Work is going well - I it was really stressfull last week, but is back to normal again. I was in charge of the eVent this year, and it was the best one we have had thus far.

How have my goals been? Well, considering that last week I worked until past 5pm every day (midnight on Wednesday), my goals fell considerably short yet again. I have not reached my goal yet. What does that mean? Does it mean I should change em? Fuck no! I'm gonna give it a run again this week. If I fail this week, I'll do it again next week. And so on, and so on. I will achieve this goal, and eventually, I will figure out how to stick to it. Now then....
I'm going to take a page from my sister's blog and post this about me because it looked like fun, and usually I hate this kind of stuff. ;)

FOUR NAMES YOU GO BY:
a. Ben
b. BenLo
c. FireWire
d. HeMan
FOUR THINGS YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF:
a. My "Bring it on! - I can do anything" attitude
b. My facial expressions
c. My compassionate side
d. My ability to solve problems
FOUR THINGS YOU HATE ABOUT YOURSELF:
a. My satisfaction level that hits before I'm finished doing whatever I'm doing. The "Good enough" effect.
b. The way I surround myself around talented people and feel like the least talented one.
c. The way I give in to temptations
d. My attention span
FOUR PARTS OF YOUR HERITAGE:
a. German
b. Polish
c. Some English....
d. Some.... whatever.
FOUR FAVORITE HANGOUTS:
a. My room
b. Kevin and Liz's living room couch
c. My Argus cubicle
d. My car
FOUR THINGS ABOUT YOUR CHILDHOOD:
a. I was sooooo shy
b. I used to build forts outside in the trees and bushes
c. I didn't used to be good at sports - very uncoordinated (pre-middle school)
d. My sister and I used to share a couch-pull out bed in an apartment while our house was being built
FOUR THINGS THAT SCARE YOU:
a. Not being able to fix the problem
b. Repeating mistakes
c. The direction our country is headed
d. Ignorant people who are looked up to
FOUR THINGS YOU HATE IN GENERAL:
a. Ingorance
b. Closemindedness
c. Intolerance
d. Hate
FOUR OF YOUR EVERYDAY ESSENTIALS:
a. Deorderant (Whew!) ;)
b. Competition
c. Making someone else feel good
d. Music
FOUR THINGS YOU ARE WEARING RIGHT NOW:
a. Merrell Shoes
b. CK Sweater
c. Abercrombie Jeans
d. Polo Undershirt
FOUR OF YOUR FAVORITE BANDS/ARTISTS AT THE MOMENT:
a. EFP
b. Sarah Mclachlan
c. David Gray
d.Hans Zimmer
FOUR REASONS YOU'VE BROKEN UP WITH EXES:
a. Lack of Communication
b. Too different
c. I cheated
d. She was psycho-clingy
FOUR FAVORITE FOODS:
a. Nachos
b. Sottinis grilled Subs
c. Smoothies
d. I did mention Nachos, right? Damn! El Farro Burritos. Damn them for being a West Coast chain!
FOUR THINGS YOU WOULD WANT IN A RELATIONSHIP:
a. Communication
b. Similar values and morals
c. Acceptance
d. Trust
FOUR THINGS ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX THAT APPEAL TO YOU:
a. A genuine smile
b. Gentle eyes
c. Girl tummys - they're all perfect. All of them.
d. The - I just got out of bed look.
FOUR THINGS YOU CAN'T DO:

There are lots of things I can't do - yet. I feel I can do literally anything, given the goal. I have proven that to myself time and time again. Anytime I fail - I pick myself up, or get help picking myself up, and then I approach the problem from a different angle. Failure is temporary- it only lasts until you try again.

FOUR OF YOUR FAVORITE HOBBIES:
a. Playing guitar
b. Playing Video games - with friends
c. Working out
d. Learning geeky computer tricks
FOUR THINGS YOU WANT REALLY BAD RIGHT NOW:
a. A Blender
b. An Electric guitar
c. A new president
d. To travel back to the beginning of college and do things a little differently
FOUR CAREERS YOU'RE CONSIDERING:
a. uh - University Computer Loadset Developer
b. Computer Consultant
c. Be the IT department for a small company
d. Project Manager for who knows what. - Maybe go to Business School for that one.
FOUR PLACES YOU WOULD GO ON VACATION:
a. Japan
b. France
c. Australia
d. Brazilian rain forest
FOUR THINGS YOU WANT TO DO BEFORE YOU DIE:
a. Drive an exotic sports car
b. Fly a fighter jet and engage in simulated dogfighting
c. Buy a life insurance policy.
d. Have children

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home