Well well well. I came up with a plan last week - an excellent plan: decide how much time to spend on each of my to-dos, and then give myself a check each time I do one of my goals.
Good plan: poor execution. Damn it! I don't want to make excuses, but last week I was working an extra 2 hours per day, which contributed greatly to my goal-deliquency. I was getting home too late and had my meals screwed up as far as working out goes, and seeing Jessica 2 of the days last week made it tough to do anything on those days... and Friday I was a whipped puppy, so I did very little..... but even over the weekend I accomplished 0 goals.
And lets see what is going on this week:
Monday: Out to the bar with former ResCompers (and Jeff)
Tuesday: My 2 month anniversery of my first date with Jessica.... if she isn't working, we'll be getting together.
Wednesday: Baking for the Thursday event, Gymnast booster club meeting and distribution of posters/fliers around campus.
Thursday: Chrismahanakwansmas get-together at Rodger's house
Friday: sleep?
I didn't accomplish my goals- am I going to quit? Change my goals? Remove some goals? Fuck no. I'm leaving them the way they are, and I'm going to work harder to achieve them. I don't think my goals were that difficult. Maybe it means I go to bed 30 minutes later. Maybe it means I eat dinner while reading. Maybe it means I turn off the TV. If Josh can do med-school, if Anne can do Chiropractic school, if my sister can do undergrad while dealing with the craziness that surrounds her, surely I can learn some guitar theory!!!
Im not changing a damn thing except how hard I work for this.
Also, I made some friends this weekend. I got in touch with one of Rodger's friends - Mark, who got me a job interview at his company. Well, Mark and I were going to talk about starting our own company, and instead, we hung out at his place, had some pizza, watched the lions, had some other guys over, and played video games and laughed at some crazy porn from the internet, at stories of old, the whole nine yards. It was awesome - its weird - I'm usually not friends with other guys - but it felt like I had been missing this. At the end of the evening, I got an invite for next weekend..... so I have that going for me. :)
Now its time to get to work. I just had to post the results of my goals.
Good plan: poor execution. Damn it! I don't want to make excuses, but last week I was working an extra 2 hours per day, which contributed greatly to my goal-deliquency. I was getting home too late and had my meals screwed up as far as working out goes, and seeing Jessica 2 of the days last week made it tough to do anything on those days... and Friday I was a whipped puppy, so I did very little..... but even over the weekend I accomplished 0 goals.
And lets see what is going on this week:
Monday: Out to the bar with former ResCompers (and Jeff)
Tuesday: My 2 month anniversery of my first date with Jessica.... if she isn't working, we'll be getting together.
Wednesday: Baking for the Thursday event, Gymnast booster club meeting and distribution of posters/fliers around campus.
Thursday: Chrismahanakwansmas get-together at Rodger's house
Friday: sleep?
I didn't accomplish my goals- am I going to quit? Change my goals? Remove some goals? Fuck no. I'm leaving them the way they are, and I'm going to work harder to achieve them. I don't think my goals were that difficult. Maybe it means I go to bed 30 minutes later. Maybe it means I eat dinner while reading. Maybe it means I turn off the TV. If Josh can do med-school, if Anne can do Chiropractic school, if my sister can do undergrad while dealing with the craziness that surrounds her, surely I can learn some guitar theory!!!
Im not changing a damn thing except how hard I work for this.
Also, I made some friends this weekend. I got in touch with one of Rodger's friends - Mark, who got me a job interview at his company. Well, Mark and I were going to talk about starting our own company, and instead, we hung out at his place, had some pizza, watched the lions, had some other guys over, and played video games and laughed at some crazy porn from the internet, at stories of old, the whole nine yards. It was awesome - its weird - I'm usually not friends with other guys - but it felt like I had been missing this. At the end of the evening, I got an invite for next weekend..... so I have that going for me. :)
Now its time to get to work. I just had to post the results of my goals.

1 Comments:
At 8:15 PM,
-Bart said…
Well I sure like what you write. I'm trying to keep with it. I just am not changing, and the little I do is so little. It looks like I'm doing nada for break, basically I feel like I have no friends to visit and am not bold enough to do anything cool on my own. Damn depressing.
Just need to hang in a couple more weeks. This contest looks great, you just need javascript to make a widget, I suggest you try to go for it!
http://developer.apple.com/macosx/tiger/dashboard/index.html
Be bold. I'll come up with a plan and fight back big time over the next couple weeks I hope. Ok, later, J
Post a Comment
<< Home