Hello "leavingitallbehind" fans!
I've had a solid last 2 weeks. Goals are going well. After hitting all 16, last week I followed up with 13, and this week I am on course to 16. Last week I made a modification, and only wanted 14, so 13/14 isn't too shabby. This week I have re-modified the goals, and am back to 16. The modification, you ask? Well... I made a life decision. I'm not going to continue down a path as a computer guy. I'm going to be aiming more in the direction of TV. On-screen? If it comes along.... but, no. Not really. I'm thinking more producer/editor/independent videographer, etc. So the modification to my goal (mid-week) was to eliminate OSX/UNIX from my goals. This week, I decided to fill that gap with reading about digital video, how television works, etc. Also, I finished my memory book, and have turned that goal into a dual role: Tony Robbins and House stuff. I'm going to either read Tony Robbins books, listen to his tapes, or read about home improvement and real estate, in (hopeful) preparation for searching for a house to buy. I may start looking in March.
Steve and I are waiting for news of a proposal that we co-authored to create a position for me within Sites to do video stuff. If that doesn't pan out, I'll likely go back to Jeff and discuss coming back to ResCompTV to do TV stuff full time (while I re-gain my video-creation skills), and then maybe talk to my dad's friend who works producing commercials, and see if he knows of an internship I could take.
Also, I've signed up for a workshop on campus for Final Cut Pro. Its taught by one of the DVcreators.net guys, who is one of the premiere FCP editors in the world. The cost is $700, and I find out today if Sites will be able to pay for me, or if I'm doing it out of pocket.
I spoke with my sister last week.... school is going better for her (sigh of relief- I know how good it feels when you finally have a good semester after putting forth so much effort). But her love life is as topsy turvy as it was after Jen and I broke up. I gave her my opinions, told her what I would do, and said good luck. I don't care if she follows what I suggested - as long as she ends up with the greatest amount of happiness. I hate seeing her unhappy, and I'm hoping that someday her blog posts will be as positive as mine. So...
All that being said... its time to go to work. Peas!
I've had a solid last 2 weeks. Goals are going well. After hitting all 16, last week I followed up with 13, and this week I am on course to 16. Last week I made a modification, and only wanted 14, so 13/14 isn't too shabby. This week I have re-modified the goals, and am back to 16. The modification, you ask? Well... I made a life decision. I'm not going to continue down a path as a computer guy. I'm going to be aiming more in the direction of TV. On-screen? If it comes along.... but, no. Not really. I'm thinking more producer/editor/independent videographer, etc. So the modification to my goal (mid-week) was to eliminate OSX/UNIX from my goals. This week, I decided to fill that gap with reading about digital video, how television works, etc. Also, I finished my memory book, and have turned that goal into a dual role: Tony Robbins and House stuff. I'm going to either read Tony Robbins books, listen to his tapes, or read about home improvement and real estate, in (hopeful) preparation for searching for a house to buy. I may start looking in March.
Steve and I are waiting for news of a proposal that we co-authored to create a position for me within Sites to do video stuff. If that doesn't pan out, I'll likely go back to Jeff and discuss coming back to ResCompTV to do TV stuff full time (while I re-gain my video-creation skills), and then maybe talk to my dad's friend who works producing commercials, and see if he knows of an internship I could take.
Also, I've signed up for a workshop on campus for Final Cut Pro. Its taught by one of the DVcreators.net guys, who is one of the premiere FCP editors in the world. The cost is $700, and I find out today if Sites will be able to pay for me, or if I'm doing it out of pocket.
I spoke with my sister last week.... school is going better for her (sigh of relief- I know how good it feels when you finally have a good semester after putting forth so much effort). But her love life is as topsy turvy as it was after Jen and I broke up. I gave her my opinions, told her what I would do, and said good luck. I don't care if she follows what I suggested - as long as she ends up with the greatest amount of happiness. I hate seeing her unhappy, and I'm hoping that someday her blog posts will be as positive as mine. So...
All that being said... its time to go to work. Peas!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home