Bubbly bubbly, boil and troubly.
No, no trouble, really. I got back from Chicago with Jessica on Sunday, and we had an awesome time. Because her mother objected to us going, and forbid Jessica from taking the car, I went out and rented a car. (As if forbidding her to take the car is going to keep us from going!) And, since I'm still *only* 24 years old, I was charged a $25/day fee on top of the normal rate for the car. So that was $200 I was hoping to avoid. But whatever. We drove out to Chicago on Thursday afternoon, arriving around 5pm Chicago time. We checked into the hotel, relaxed for 5 minutes, and then headed out to explore Michigan Ave. After making the 2 block trip to Michigan Ave ( I love that I splurged and got us into the Hilton downtown! It was SOOOO worth it!) we walked around, took in the scenery, and headed for the cheescake factory. 10lbs heaver (each), we were back out, and just enjoying walking around downtown. We returned to our room to find a bottle of champagne, compliments of the hotel, and then the rest of the night I'm going to leave out.
The next morning, we awoke and headed out to breakfast. We walked to a little place called the Tempo Cafe, and had some delicious omlettes, and then proceeded to spend obscene amounts of money on clothes. Ok, so, I was the one spending obscene amounts. Before the day was over, I had spent roughly $1,000 on clothes- which is usually like 2 and a half year's worth of clothing for me. But whatever. I'm going to be looking fabulous. For lunch, we ate at Ed Debevic's, which is a diner where everyone that works there is rude... but in a playful way. It was there that I learned that Chili tastes delicious with sour cream. More shopping..... and for dinner, the Weber Grill. Yum!
After dinner, we walked down to the Navy Pier- or really, just near the pier- there is a park just west of it, and we stood and admired the skyline at night. More walking, a bit of a fashion show in the hotel room, and then more that I'm going to leave out.
Saturday, we checked out of the room, ate breakfast at the Weber Grill (they have a buffet), and then we drove to the Shedd Aquarium. We toured the aquarium, took pictures outside, took pictures at Buckingham fountain, found a place to eat lunch, and we happened to catch the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter and OT of the Michigan game- an added bonus!
After that, we headed home. It was a great time- everything went very well, Jessica's phone didn't ring once..... it was wonderful. I could definitely see myself living in Chicago.
So that brings us to this week, and an invitation from a good friend to come to her halloween costume. Now, I don't know if anyone knows this.. but I haven't dressed up for Halloween since.... 6th grade. Right. No costumes, no nothing. This is a bit of a connundrum. I'm not sure that I know what to do for a costume. If I'm going to break that streak, I'd like to do it in style- either something very elaborate, or very creative..... Damn you Halloween! The good part is that I get to bake something "scary"- which shouldn't be hard if Jessica lets me do all the cooking. ;)
Anyways, thats my life as it stands.
No, no trouble, really. I got back from Chicago with Jessica on Sunday, and we had an awesome time. Because her mother objected to us going, and forbid Jessica from taking the car, I went out and rented a car. (As if forbidding her to take the car is going to keep us from going!) And, since I'm still *only* 24 years old, I was charged a $25/day fee on top of the normal rate for the car. So that was $200 I was hoping to avoid. But whatever. We drove out to Chicago on Thursday afternoon, arriving around 5pm Chicago time. We checked into the hotel, relaxed for 5 minutes, and then headed out to explore Michigan Ave. After making the 2 block trip to Michigan Ave ( I love that I splurged and got us into the Hilton downtown! It was SOOOO worth it!) we walked around, took in the scenery, and headed for the cheescake factory. 10lbs heaver (each), we were back out, and just enjoying walking around downtown. We returned to our room to find a bottle of champagne, compliments of the hotel, and then the rest of the night I'm going to leave out.
The next morning, we awoke and headed out to breakfast. We walked to a little place called the Tempo Cafe, and had some delicious omlettes, and then proceeded to spend obscene amounts of money on clothes. Ok, so, I was the one spending obscene amounts. Before the day was over, I had spent roughly $1,000 on clothes- which is usually like 2 and a half year's worth of clothing for me. But whatever. I'm going to be looking fabulous. For lunch, we ate at Ed Debevic's, which is a diner where everyone that works there is rude... but in a playful way. It was there that I learned that Chili tastes delicious with sour cream. More shopping..... and for dinner, the Weber Grill. Yum!
After dinner, we walked down to the Navy Pier- or really, just near the pier- there is a park just west of it, and we stood and admired the skyline at night. More walking, a bit of a fashion show in the hotel room, and then more that I'm going to leave out.
Saturday, we checked out of the room, ate breakfast at the Weber Grill (they have a buffet), and then we drove to the Shedd Aquarium. We toured the aquarium, took pictures outside, took pictures at Buckingham fountain, found a place to eat lunch, and we happened to catch the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter and OT of the Michigan game- an added bonus!
After that, we headed home. It was a great time- everything went very well, Jessica's phone didn't ring once..... it was wonderful. I could definitely see myself living in Chicago.
So that brings us to this week, and an invitation from a good friend to come to her halloween costume. Now, I don't know if anyone knows this.. but I haven't dressed up for Halloween since.... 6th grade. Right. No costumes, no nothing. This is a bit of a connundrum. I'm not sure that I know what to do for a costume. If I'm going to break that streak, I'd like to do it in style- either something very elaborate, or very creative..... Damn you Halloween! The good part is that I get to bake something "scary"- which shouldn't be hard if Jessica lets me do all the cooking. ;)
Anyways, thats my life as it stands.

1 Comments:
At 7:55 PM,
Kathleen said…
Yay! Sounds like you guys had a great time. How on earth did you get yourself to buy so many clothes?! I can't convince myself to spend that much money. I swear, you're the girliest, yet straightest & most masculine, guy I know. Ben, you are a living, breathing paradox.
Also, I'm psyched for the party Sat, and glad you guys can come! Can't wait to see what you come up with for a costume! ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home