I've changed the look of the blog a bit, mainly because it doesn't have the same purpose for me anymore. I'm no longer trying to discover who I am, trying to make myself an improved person all the time.... I'm a different person from who I was a year ago, and I'm going to enter leavingitallbehind version 2.0. :)
I'm a happy person. Like... all the time. I'm much more mellow, and my health shows this. I'm not as stressed, my stomach problems that I had in the past: gone.... I've eased up quite a bit, and I'm taking time to stop and smell the flowers. Does that mean that I don't work as hard? No. Not a chance- but I have an easier time picking up, walking out, and leaving worries behind me.
Am I still trying to improve my life- trying to make myself better at certain things??? Yes. Yes I am. I still want to teach myself guitar and photoshop and maybe learn Spanish or Japanese... I still have a large number of books at home that I chip away at. But its no longer my main goal. My main goal is happiness, and I'm finding that through the appreciation of the things that I have, the opportunities that lay before me, and the company of friends.
So thats that.
In other news- I now have a car! Its a 94 Geo Prizm LSI (Red). 4 doors, automatic transmission, radio antenna is broken, A/C is broken, seatbelt doesn't retract, seats and floor is kind of gross.... but its a car, and it runs, and I don't need to take it across the country, or even back and forth from Ann Arbor to Detroit or Fenton. The surprising part: my parents bought it for me. Granted, it was only a $500 car, but still- holy cow. So far, by not buying a car right after my accident, I've saved about $700. And each day that I don't buy one, I save about $15. Each day! If this car lasts me until March, I'll have saved around $3000. And if I can sell it for a few hundred bucks to a college kid- even better. Or maybe I can make it last until next year at this time and save even more. I don't know. But I am quite happy to be saving money, even if the car is a wreck compared to my previous car. (Before the crash, anyways).
I'm a happy person. Like... all the time. I'm much more mellow, and my health shows this. I'm not as stressed, my stomach problems that I had in the past: gone.... I've eased up quite a bit, and I'm taking time to stop and smell the flowers. Does that mean that I don't work as hard? No. Not a chance- but I have an easier time picking up, walking out, and leaving worries behind me.
Am I still trying to improve my life- trying to make myself better at certain things??? Yes. Yes I am. I still want to teach myself guitar and photoshop and maybe learn Spanish or Japanese... I still have a large number of books at home that I chip away at. But its no longer my main goal. My main goal is happiness, and I'm finding that through the appreciation of the things that I have, the opportunities that lay before me, and the company of friends.
So thats that.
In other news- I now have a car! Its a 94 Geo Prizm LSI (Red). 4 doors, automatic transmission, radio antenna is broken, A/C is broken, seatbelt doesn't retract, seats and floor is kind of gross.... but its a car, and it runs, and I don't need to take it across the country, or even back and forth from Ann Arbor to Detroit or Fenton. The surprising part: my parents bought it for me. Granted, it was only a $500 car, but still- holy cow. So far, by not buying a car right after my accident, I've saved about $700. And each day that I don't buy one, I save about $15. Each day! If this car lasts me until March, I'll have saved around $3000. And if I can sell it for a few hundred bucks to a college kid- even better. Or maybe I can make it last until next year at this time and save even more. I don't know. But I am quite happy to be saving money, even if the car is a wreck compared to my previous car. (Before the crash, anyways).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home