I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Monday, June 27, 2005

One post every 3 weeks ain't bad. I guess.
So anyways, life is stretching on. Nothing super exciting going on....

I went to Kathleen's wedding the other week. It was very nice. Very pretty. I also had a pretty good idea that when I get married, I don't want it to be anything like that. Don't get me wrong- the wedding was amazing- a beautiful ceremony in a HUGE church, an amazing reception, with tons of delicious food, beautiful flowers, good music.... but its not what I want.
Lets hope that whomever I married wants what I want, because I want nachos. And buffalo wings. Burgers.... I guess really, I want a big barbecue. :) That would be awesome. Food you need to use your hands with. Now, I know what you're saying- guests will hate that- they'll ruin their clothes.... well, thats why everybody will be wearing bathing suits..... except grandma and Aunt Eva. Yuck! So- I want a wedding/pool party/barbecue. How awesome would that be??? Allright. I'm done dreaming. I do want the salads that Kathleen had. They looked like bouqets, but they were lettuce, and they had cranberries and walnuts, and they were sooooooo goooooooood.

Moving on. So, I haven't worked out in the last week, but I can now bench press more than my body weight (205lbs), and I can curl 50lbs per arm. My biceps are a little more than 15" around, and still growing. To give you a reference point, 2 years ago, my biceps were 12" around, and I could only curl 30 lbs.

Lets talk food for a moment. I'm eating perhaps a little more than I should, and its soooooo gooood. I'm eating tons of fruit, having corn on the cob nearly every day, Jessica and I made cupcakes on Friday, and Monkey bread on Sunday. The week before that, we made an apple pie and a pie that we invented. (I call it hard bottom pie- piecrust, layer of melted chocolate, layer of softened peanut butter, layer of chocolate pudding- YUM!), before that was Chocolate cheescake, before that was blueberry pie, crepes, and several strawberry pies before that. We made fish last night for dinner, we're having homemade sloppy joes one night this week- we're really getting into cooking/baking. We love it! Its a fun thing to do together.

I've temporarily given up on Japanese. I don't have the time for it. Plus I hate memorizing words.

Guitar- still struggling to find the time. Every now and then I pick it up and play a bit, but its become a once-a-week kind of thing. I'd love to find more time for it.

House-hunting is still on pause. I just don't see myself getting into a house until I have a permanent job.

I'm doing a ton of reading- all non-fiction. I bought a photography book the other week, and I've been going through that like mad, and then I bought a 206 page magazine/book on digital filmmaking- it gives tons of tips on pre-production, how to do wedding videos, family videos, vacation videos, and then tips on editing, graphics, sound... its great. I'm also reading a book on home-networking, so that I could start a business in the fall and help people in their homes with their computers. I'd like to pick up some extra cash wherever I can.

Jessica and I are still doing well. She's starting a summer class at Eastern this week, and she's working at J. Crew around 10-15 hours per week. I went in there and picked up some nice summer clothes- I spent $318 on some tops and a belt. I love the clothes that I bought, though. They feel and look great, plus I got them on sale, and I got Jessica a commission. (1% of any sale over $250... so I made her $3.18) ;)

This is my last week at Campus Computing Sites. :(
Starting Friday, I work at ResComp fulltime. It does mean an extra $20/week (big whoop), and it also means I'll be riding my bike to work every day... which could maybe help me get to my ultimate goal of having a six pack. We'll see. I still feel like I have a long way to go, plus Jessica and I keep making desserts on weekends! Its killing any chance I have of a six pack!

Goals for the short term: Finish up my photography book, finish my filmmaking book, get cracking on the networking book.... play guitar 2 hours per week, start learning photoshop again (maybe 1 hour per week).....workout 3x per week. Thats it. Those are my goals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home