I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

I'm feeling a bit burned out. I feel like I'm not progressing toward anything right now.... I haven't done anything from my to-do list in over a month... there's always some excuse - hanging out with Jessica, playing games late after work, too tired, have errands to run, tv, etc. Its time I start cracking the whip again. Time to re-evaluate the goals, figure out how I want to spend my alone time. Learning Photoshop is definitely on the list, as is guitar and Japanese and working out.... and reading more about buying homes. I need to get more of this whole mortgage terminology under my belt. I'm going to look at homes with a realtor next week, and I feel so unprepared. I don't know what to look for, what to ask, what to check..... I don't even know what my price range is. I thought that the $150,000 range would be good, but my dad suggests going higher to get into a nicer neighborhood. I'm not looking to be able to make payments for all 30 years, mind you.... just trying to get the payments down for the first 5 years. Hopefully I'll be able to sell after 3. Thats the hope, anyways. We'll see what happens. My dad says he'll help me fix it up, put some equity into it, and with any luck, I'll make a tidy profit. I'm hoping. I may need to get a second job... bartending?.. just to stay afloat. We'll see.

Short of that, I'm hanging out with Jessica a lot. We're pretty compatible. Its hard not comparing this relationship with others, and I try not to.... all in all, I'm a pretty happy guy. I like my life. I like where I'm at. I like my friends, my family, my hobbies.... I like that my "big" problem in life is that I'm not getting paid benefits. Things could be a lot worse.

I went home this past weekend and saw my sister and parents. They're all doing fine. Hopefully once school gets out (for my sister), we'll get a chance to hang out and talk a little more. Its tough on these 1 day visits, because I bring Jessica home, or Alex has to do laundry, or everyone needs to catch up on everyone, etc. Perhaps this summer I'll be able to come home a bit more and visit... talk.

Allright. I've been putting work off long enough. Time to get cracking. Hang in there all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home