I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Tired, tired, tired.
I'm tired. I'm tired of the insolence, of the..... no, I'm just not getting enough sleep.

So here's the quick and dirty summary: I'm not accomplishing my goals. I'm not playing guitar, doing Japanese, or doing enough reading about other stuff. What I am doing is spending time with Jessica. And thats a pretty sweet deal. We've decided recently that we spend too much time watching tv together, and so we're trying to come up with other cool things to do. Things that don't cost an arm and a leg.

Other stuff..... I've started working at ResComp again. Nina has run RTV into the ground harder than an elephant free-falling could have. Slowly but surely, I'll be building it up. I've already accomplished more in the last 3 work days than she has done in the last 2 years. Why? Because I care. Nina and I met, and she told me she has been either ignoring problems, or doing the minimum to make the problem stop from bugging her. Did Jeff listen to me 2 years ago when I suggested that Nina wasn't the best choice for this position? No. He told me it wasn't my concern. Well look at whose concern it has become!

Also, I've been out with a realtor, have set my sights on a couple houses, and am waiting for word back from my mortgage broker to let me know how much house I can afford. I'm looking for a fixer upper, and with my dad's help, I hope to make around $20-30,000 within the next 5 years. We'll see. I might be better off getting a 2nd job. Maybe I should stop speculating about that idea and just do it. Maybe I should stop speculating about the speculation.

Oh, as far as exercise goes, I ride my bike about 3 miles (up some pretty nice hills) twice a week, carrying a 25 pound backpack. Why? Because there's no parking at South Quad for me. Whenever I work at ResCompTV, I take my bike, and carry my lunch and my briefcase. Stuff em in a pack, and ride off. Once the students leave for the summer, I hope to start using the CCRB more. I hate working out when its crowded.

I hope my sister is doing well. We haven't been in touch much in the last couple weeks, and I'm hoping everything comes through with her finals. Its about time she had a good semester. She's due one right about now.

Anything else I can think of???? Not much. I wish my posts were more insightful, more introspective, but they aren't. They're kind of life updates. Maybe that means I don't need to change anything about me...... ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home