I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Sunday, May 15, 2005

First post of the month and its already the 15th??? Damn! Where the hell have I been?

Ok. So lets talk about sex. Errrrr, no - lets talk about self-improvement.

Guitar: I'm practicing a bit more again. Not practicing anything inparticular- just playing around a bit. Thats the important part- keeping the calluses and keeping finger memory for chords. I hope to soon start learning something new.

Working out: I've begun working out almost daily. My diet is pretty good... no- I'll go ahead and call it great. I've been really good at the grocery store lately. I've been buying lots of fruits and veggies, and my most fattening items right now are cheese and refried beans. Not too shabby. Granted, I do eat almost a pound of cheese per week. I've stopped buying cookies for lunch, and my desserts at dinner are pretty much down to smoothies and homemade strawberry pie. As far as working out goes- I bike to work 2 days per week (can anyone find me a non-metered parking spot by South Quad? Didn't think so) and Jessica and I are trying to get out and roller blade at least 1-2 times per week. That does it for my aerobics.... this week I started weightlifting again as well. I'm focusing on chest, arms, and core.... so, pretty much my upper body, with less emphasis on shoulders and back.

Photoshop: I'm begging to work through my "Photoshop one-on-one" book. I'm going to shoot for 1 lesson every 5 days. There are 12 lessons in the book. So in 2 months, I'll hope to have this book finished. I'm almost done with lesson 2.

Japanese: I went through my flashcards of vocab that I've learned so far. On my first pass, I remembered about 20% of the words. After about 90 minutes, I had committed everything back into memory. I want to put it all to a test again tonight.

House buying: Well, I've been pre-approved for a loan for $120,000 for a home. With a loan from my dad, I can get a $150,000 home. Not much in Ann Arbor, so I may have to look outside. I checked out Manchester and Tecumseh, both of which are a little far from Ann Arbor for my liking. I'm going to go check out Hamburg, Pinckney, and the whitmore lake area (anything north of Ann Arbor and south of Brighton).

In other news, work is going well. I'm cutting through my workload like butter - making short work of ResCompTV tasks.
Jessica and I are also doing great. The only problem I see in the relationship right now- I'm tired as hell, and I keep falling asleep when we hang out and watch movies. To solve that problem, I've suggested we end our evenings earlier so that I can get to bed each night before midnight, thus getting the rest that I need to stay awake the following evening, and so on.
The other day we went out to the fountain on Central Campus to take some pictures with my camera. Here is a pretty decent one. http://www.umich.edu/~bhummel/jess/IMG_1648.JPG
Might I suggest downloading the pic to actually view it? Its pretty freaking huge. :)

So, thats about it. Peas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home