I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Yes, it has been a while. Almost a month. My bad.

I'll try to make this brief, as I have a lot to do today.

Guitar: I've been practicing a little bit lately, and am learning some songs that require me to learn a new skill. I'm not spending enough time on it to really improve.

Japanese: I've re-learned my vocabulary (I made flashcards), but I only practice about once a week. I'm not going to learn too much with only once a week.

House-hunt: I'm in a funny spot. I've kind of found that I don't have enough money to do it. I could just about do it, but without a job that pays benefits and is more permanent, I'd be taking some huge chances that most home-buyers don't have to take. I've seen some nice homes, but I'm just not sure. I need to see what the rental market in Ypsi is like, as one of my ideas is to buy a home in Ypsi and rent out 2-3 rooms. Taxes are ridiculous in Ypsi though, so it makes it tough.

Working out: I'm working out about 2 days a week - usually weekends. I'd like to push that to 4 days. Right now I can benchpress my weight (about 200lbs), so I like that. I'm still eating well, and I'm still working toward a six pack. I also ride my bike from home to work 2 days/week. My personal goal is to start working out after work beginning in July. I have a membership to use the facilities on campus, but right now I don't use them after work because I'm exhausted and starving by 5pm. I suppose I could bring a snack with me to work to avoid the hunger, but I'm still damn tired by 5pm.

Job: I had a job interview about 2 weeks ago, and I've been expecting to hear back from them, but haven't so far. Its very doubtful that I'll take the job, as its not the kind of job I want, and not a good work environment. It pays slightly better than here, and it has benefits, but for the amount of extra hours that I'd be working.... I'm not sure its worth it. So with ResComp, I'm kicking ass and taking names. I had a "problem" employee, but today is his last day. He quit. I'm almost all the way through to August's to-do list as far as my summer projects go. I do expect to start slowing down soon, though. Some of the next projects are large ones.

Girlfriend: We're doing well. We bake something almost every weekend. We cook dinner together, and hang out almost every evening. Lately I've been trying to suggest that we do different things together - I video edit while she does homework, or I practice guitar while she reads/watches TV. Its working out ok, I think.

Last weekend I went to a bachelor party. It was PG-13 rated - no strippers or women of any sort. We played paintball for about 4 hours - lots of fun, but it was 90 degrees, and we were roasting. I did pretty well for my first time. From there, we got cleaned up and went to Grizzly Peak. I was a DD, so I didn't do too much drinking- only 1 drink, if I remember correctly. After that, another bar, and then a comedy club for some improv. After that, pizza at NYPD pizza, and then home. It was a good time.

Anyways, I tried to keep this as short as possible, so I'm going to end it here. Take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home