I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Whew. 2 more crazy weeks behind me. Lets go back to 2 weeks ago.... work, work, work. Lots of training for Rescomp's "Inoculation Stations", where students can go to get their computers updated, patched, and get spyware and viruses removed. Thats about all I remember about that week. Just lots of work.

This week however - wow. I began the week with a sore throat, and that soon moved to my sinuses and stuffed me up for much of the week, but regardless, I worked every day. To make matters worse, my Great Aunt, who has been like a grandma to me, didn't evacuate her home in Mississippi. She lives only 2 miles from the gulf. We didn't hear from her for so long, that I began thinking about volunteering for the Red Cross just so I could go and see if she was ok. But we finally heard on Thursday that she's fine. She'll be coming to Michigan today to stay with my parents for about a month. So anyways, I worked the iStations, and that was pretty boring- but tuesday after work, Jessica and I went to see Coldplay in concert at DTE. They were so amazing that I can't even tell you. Wednesday after work, we went to see Jack Johnson w/Matt Costa & ALO at Meadowbrook. Jack was also very teriffic. We had a couple of amazing days. Then on Thursday, I worked from 8am-7pm, and afterward had to prepare a few things for a GymFantry table that we set up at Escapade in the Union. I got those things together, got them to our table, and handed them off to a few of our other group members so that they could recruit more gymfantry members. On Friday, more work, and at 3pm, I painted up for Maize Craze. More GymFantry recruiting. We got tons of signups though. But I spent 2 hours yelling and making my throat even more sore. Then yesterday I went to the football game- stood front row in the endzone in the student section, and yelled my head off again. Today- relaxation day, and probably a lot of guitar playing. I want to get back to my regular self-improvements. Its been an exhausting couple weeks, and I'd like things to get back to normal. :) Everyone take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home