Ok, so... this past week sucked. And even though it sucked, I kept my head about me, and didn't get too frustrated. I let it slide off, and I was able to remain in good spirits. I do feel the effects though, as I am one tired son of a gun. So, I was in a car accident last week- only my car involved. I figured that I'd be fine, as I ride my bike to work, and Jessica has a car, so I'm really just losing a bit of convenience. But two days after my accident, Jessica's car died. The mechanic feared catastrophic damage to her engine. So now we were both car-less. The following day: my bike got a flat tire, and I had to walk it home from work. (A 40 minute walk- usually just a 10-15 minute bike ride). That same day, Jessica's phone died. After I got my bike home, I had to rollerblade 4 miles to the bike shop to buy a new tire/tube, and then blade another 4 miles back. Thursday, Jessica and her sister had to go back up to Alpena, and Jessica won't be back until Monday.... and my bike's right pedal broke. On Friday I worked from 7am-11:30pm (without a break). Saturday I mowed 2 lawns and had a 4 hour Gymfantry meeting. But things are picking up.....
My car is fixable- $10,000 worth of damage, but I'll be paying $500, and State Farm has accepted the claim and will be paying the rest. It will take about 4 weeks to get back. I got some new camera lenses this week. I applied for health insurance, and it looks like I may actually get it. There may be a job opening at Campus Computing Sites - a 50% position (but includes full benefits) doing Mac work- this wouldn't happen until Sept or Oct. Jessica's car is okay- the car shut itself off before any engine damage could happen. (It originally stalled and wouldn't start again- the oil cap on the bottom of the car was missing, and the car drained itself of oil). Jessica got a new phone, and a new plan- so we can talk to each other for free. Jessica got a 2nd part time job- another clothing company in town. My Friday meeting (from 5pm-11:30pm with WOLV-TV) went very well- we got a lot accomplished.
So, no biggee. I'm doing alright- no serious damage to my life or my wallet.... and spirits remain high. I figure that with all of that happening, I'm due for some better luck. :)
Thats all for now! Time to due some Photoshop work!
-Ben
My car is fixable- $10,000 worth of damage, but I'll be paying $500, and State Farm has accepted the claim and will be paying the rest. It will take about 4 weeks to get back. I got some new camera lenses this week. I applied for health insurance, and it looks like I may actually get it. There may be a job opening at Campus Computing Sites - a 50% position (but includes full benefits) doing Mac work- this wouldn't happen until Sept or Oct. Jessica's car is okay- the car shut itself off before any engine damage could happen. (It originally stalled and wouldn't start again- the oil cap on the bottom of the car was missing, and the car drained itself of oil). Jessica got a new phone, and a new plan- so we can talk to each other for free. Jessica got a 2nd part time job- another clothing company in town. My Friday meeting (from 5pm-11:30pm with WOLV-TV) went very well- we got a lot accomplished.
So, no biggee. I'm doing alright- no serious damage to my life or my wallet.... and spirits remain high. I figure that with all of that happening, I'm due for some better luck. :)
Thats all for now! Time to due some Photoshop work!
-Ben

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home