The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire!
My last day at Campus Computing Sites was a memorable one... being that I was nearly killed!
Ok, so it wasn't quite that dramatic, but check this out:
Its 11:00am, and a bunch of us are sitting around discussing where we're going to go for my last day at work, when suddenly, it starts downpouring outside. Thunder, lightning, the works. Then a loud thunderclap, and the power goes out. We all kind of look around in the dark and shout- "Hooray! Work is cancelled!"... except the power came back on, and it wasn't cancelled... yet. We talk a bit, and then someone looks over and says- "Where's that smoke coming from?"... we look over, and in the middle of our test lab, there is a nice sized cloud of smoke- and its getting bigger. We go over to it, find no fire, and find that the source is the floor- some holes from which the conduit was run.... so we're thinking - the radio station below us is on fire! Someone leaves the office to go downstairs, while another person calls DPS. Turns out, the rest of the building's fire alarms are going off. (Ours were not). So we evacuate the building and see through the radio station windows that there is a ton of smoke. 5 fire trucks show up, and we evacuate the awning that we're standing under, and go across the street to the other Argus building, where we decide to go to lunch early. After lunch, we return, only to find that OSHA says we aren't allowed inside due to unsafe Carbon Monoxide levels... we find out later that lightning hit our building, started the roof on fire, and the air handling system began sucking smoke down into the building. Hooray!
So that was fun.
I'm working full time for ResComp now, and I'm enjoying myself. I still have a bunch of stuff that I need to get done this summer, and its already July. Time is flying!
This weekend, Jessica and I played with chocolate - both semi-sweet, and white. We made chocolate covered strawberries, rasberries, cherries, almonds, marshmallows... our own peanut butter cups, and also some chocolate dishes, which we will fill tonight with pudding. We had a lot of fun making it all. Last night for dinner, we created a dish modeled after a lunch that I had at a restaurant- crushed red pepper chicken pesto quesadillas. They turned out very good, but I have a few modifications that I want to make for next time. Tonight Jessica and I are making shish kabobs. We have pork, shrimp, and beef, along with peppers, mushrooms and potatoes. Hooray!
Also, I now have enough money saved up to buy the camera lens that I want! It costs around $550, but I've been saving each month, and my dad has been paying me to help with the computer, and my co-workers took up a collection and gave me $100, and voila! I have enough. Now I need to find a place that has it in stock! Its back-ordered everywhere.
I've been doing a lot of reading lately, and I finished my book on photography, and also one on home-buying. My next books focus on home-networks, digital video, Photoshop, and investing.
I've been a little lax working out lately- I worked my shoulders pretty heavily earlier this week, and I hadn't worked them in several months. I've been really sore, and today was my first day back. I think Jessica and I need to stop making so much good food- I'm never going to get my six pack eating dessert every night!
Alright- time to shower.... its only 3pm. :)
Oh- and Go Lance!!!! I follow him daily- you should too!
My last day at Campus Computing Sites was a memorable one... being that I was nearly killed!
Ok, so it wasn't quite that dramatic, but check this out:
Its 11:00am, and a bunch of us are sitting around discussing where we're going to go for my last day at work, when suddenly, it starts downpouring outside. Thunder, lightning, the works. Then a loud thunderclap, and the power goes out. We all kind of look around in the dark and shout- "Hooray! Work is cancelled!"... except the power came back on, and it wasn't cancelled... yet. We talk a bit, and then someone looks over and says- "Where's that smoke coming from?"... we look over, and in the middle of our test lab, there is a nice sized cloud of smoke- and its getting bigger. We go over to it, find no fire, and find that the source is the floor- some holes from which the conduit was run.... so we're thinking - the radio station below us is on fire! Someone leaves the office to go downstairs, while another person calls DPS. Turns out, the rest of the building's fire alarms are going off. (Ours were not). So we evacuate the building and see through the radio station windows that there is a ton of smoke. 5 fire trucks show up, and we evacuate the awning that we're standing under, and go across the street to the other Argus building, where we decide to go to lunch early. After lunch, we return, only to find that OSHA says we aren't allowed inside due to unsafe Carbon Monoxide levels... we find out later that lightning hit our building, started the roof on fire, and the air handling system began sucking smoke down into the building. Hooray!
So that was fun.
I'm working full time for ResComp now, and I'm enjoying myself. I still have a bunch of stuff that I need to get done this summer, and its already July. Time is flying!
This weekend, Jessica and I played with chocolate - both semi-sweet, and white. We made chocolate covered strawberries, rasberries, cherries, almonds, marshmallows... our own peanut butter cups, and also some chocolate dishes, which we will fill tonight with pudding. We had a lot of fun making it all. Last night for dinner, we created a dish modeled after a lunch that I had at a restaurant- crushed red pepper chicken pesto quesadillas. They turned out very good, but I have a few modifications that I want to make for next time. Tonight Jessica and I are making shish kabobs. We have pork, shrimp, and beef, along with peppers, mushrooms and potatoes. Hooray!
Also, I now have enough money saved up to buy the camera lens that I want! It costs around $550, but I've been saving each month, and my dad has been paying me to help with the computer, and my co-workers took up a collection and gave me $100, and voila! I have enough. Now I need to find a place that has it in stock! Its back-ordered everywhere.
I've been doing a lot of reading lately, and I finished my book on photography, and also one on home-buying. My next books focus on home-networks, digital video, Photoshop, and investing.
I've been a little lax working out lately- I worked my shoulders pretty heavily earlier this week, and I hadn't worked them in several months. I've been really sore, and today was my first day back. I think Jessica and I need to stop making so much good food- I'm never going to get my six pack eating dessert every night!
Alright- time to shower.... its only 3pm. :)
Oh- and Go Lance!!!! I follow him daily- you should too!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home