Why don't I have a million dollars yet?
Seriously. What does it take to save up some frickin cash? I've been out of school for over 2 years, working 40+ hours a week- EVERY week. I don't drive a sweet car- and when I did, it was a Jetta- not a Maserati... I bike to work to save on parking/gas.... I spend very little money on clothes or entertainment- shoot - I can't tell you the last time that I actually took Jessica out on a date- we usually stay in and watch TV or take a nap or cook. I live in my friends' basement. But do I have a million dollars yet? No. Why is that?
Maybe I'm not being realistic enough. Ok, so the point is- I want to have enough money that by the time Jessica graduates (April 2007), I'll have enough money for a house. I'm not even going to discuss the possibilities of an engagement or anything- just that I'm thinking I'd like to live with her after she graduates, and that I don't want to do it in Kevin/Liz's basement. Anyways... lets do some math. I'm saving roughly $800 a month, or $9600 per year. Apparently at this rate, it will take me 104 years to save a million dollars. This blows. I hate math.
I'm going to go back to work now and try to work toward that million.
Seriously. What does it take to save up some frickin cash? I've been out of school for over 2 years, working 40+ hours a week- EVERY week. I don't drive a sweet car- and when I did, it was a Jetta- not a Maserati... I bike to work to save on parking/gas.... I spend very little money on clothes or entertainment- shoot - I can't tell you the last time that I actually took Jessica out on a date- we usually stay in and watch TV or take a nap or cook. I live in my friends' basement. But do I have a million dollars yet? No. Why is that?
Maybe I'm not being realistic enough. Ok, so the point is- I want to have enough money that by the time Jessica graduates (April 2007), I'll have enough money for a house. I'm not even going to discuss the possibilities of an engagement or anything- just that I'm thinking I'd like to live with her after she graduates, and that I don't want to do it in Kevin/Liz's basement. Anyways... lets do some math. I'm saving roughly $800 a month, or $9600 per year. Apparently at this rate, it will take me 104 years to save a million dollars. This blows. I hate math.
I'm going to go back to work now and try to work toward that million.

1 Comments:
At 6:32 PM,
Kathleen said…
Although it's not a million dollars, I'd have to say that saving $800 a month all by yourself is a pretty huge deal! I was never able to save that much while I was living on my own. So, major kudos to you!
And, hey, I knew things with Jessica were going well, but heck, your forecast for April 2007 makes it sounds like it's going GREAT! I'm so happy for you guys!
Post a Comment
<< Home