I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

SDGHIJRBOSIGEYUBWE!!!!!(*)#ET^!@(R*&!@RT!!!!!!!

GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!
OK. I have learned to relax, but right now, my blood pressure is through the roof. I have to explode on Jessica's mom right now, because if I hold this back, its just not going to be healthy. HOLY FUCK!!!!! I've never wanted to beat someone in the face with a baseball bat so bad!!!! Almost enough to go buy a bat, just on the off chance that she comes down from Alpena!!!! Jesus!!!! Pissed a little???? You betcha!!!!!! CHRIST!!!! I could seriously blow off some steam here. Ok, so its official. Jessica's mom wins "Worst parent in the universe". So.... today she grounded Jessica.

Yeah. Thats what I thought. I'm not the only thinking.... um- is that possible?? Yeah. She told Jessica that she shouldn't go anywhere tonight. Guess what- thats out the window. I brought Jessica flowers, then picked her up and brought her here for some chili dogs. Jessica turned her phone on silent, and figured she'd have some peace tonight.

That is, until I got a call on my cell. It was Jessica's mom. Jessica called her house from my phone once a long time ago, and now her mom has my number. Great. So Jessica's mom, (we'll call her Psycho, as thats how that phone number is now stored in my phone) asks to speak to Jessica. I should have told her to call Jessica's phone and then hung up, because CHRIST did she ruin a nice evening. She goes off on Jessica about being at my place, tells Jessica that she CAN'T accept what we are doing.... all Jessica kept doing was asking for her mom to accept her, to try to understand her, to try to love her. Her mom says she does all those things - but can't accept what we are doing. She's hell-bent on stopping us. So she played the only cards she has left: she said she'd make sure Jessica can't drive the car anymore (meaning she'd have to bus it to school), and then threatened to call the ex-husband/dad and tell him to stop paying for her stuff- (food/gas/books), (Jessica says she believes the college/housing money is safe because it is in a fund in her name). Jessica pleaded with her mom to stop- that she's being unreasonable, that she's going out of control with this. But the mom kept going, and kept making Jessica more and more upset. Finally, Jessica ended the conversation and just cried for what seemed like an eternity. And even then, she continued to shake uncontrollably. Oh- my favorite part- Jessica's mom said that EVERY parent would do what she's doing- to which Jessica disagreed, and then her mom said- oh- except those "White Trash Liberal Democrats". Insert your own statements here. I'm really too tired to bash her ignorant close minded ass right now.

We finally got her settled down, and she told me she didn't care what her mom took away- she can live without the money for food and stuff, because she has a private savings and she works every week. Plus we eat at my place every night. As far as getting to school- I'm willing to lend her my car. Its not much, but its better than the bus. Shit- if it gets bad, I'll ask Kevin/Liz if Jessica can move in with me- I'll increase rent if they like, and Jessica can chill with me here until we figure out something more permanent, or if Kevin/Liz would rather not increase the occupancy, I'll move out and get an apartment with Jessica.

So later, I take Jessica home, and as we're pulling into the driveway, Jessica's mom calls her cell, which she turned back on. She told her mom that she's just getting home, and doesn't want to talk about this anymore, because she's tired and has school tomorrow. Her mom then asks to speak to me. I roll my eyes and take the phone. "Yeah?" I ask, almost with a sarcastic tone. She gets straight to the point- "what is going on here?". I ask for clarification. She says that before this ordeal, Jessica was happy and had a good relationship with her family- but lately Jessica is being difficult (standing up to her) and blah blah blah. "So what is your part in all of this?" My part is to support whatever decision Jessica makes. I stand behind her 100% on whatever she chooses, but it wouldn't be fair for me to influence her one way or another. I then told the mom that I gave Jessica the number for a therapist, and that she's going to work on this issue with him. The mom questions: "What does she need a therapist for?" My reaction: "ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I MEAN REALLY!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? Because you're making her sick. She cries uncontrollably anytime your name is mentioned, let alone the tears she cries after talking to you!" "When? When does she cry?" "She cries after almost every conversation with you!" "I don't know what you're talking about! We have a great relationship! We talk every day BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH- give me an example!" "Ok. How about when she and her 22 year old sister get into a dispute and her sister calls mommy for help. You wind up on Michelle's side, and Jessica gets teamed up on." "What disputes, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.... Jessica's only responsibility is to drive Michelle to school. Is that so hard? Maybe it was when she had to drive your butt around after your car crash."

It was at that point that I told Psycho that I was "ending the conversation before I said something I didn't like." And I hung up on her. Note that it wasn't because I would regret it, because believe me- she deserves it. I just wouldn't like it. I'd come up with a retort that was either completely vulgar, or that was only mildly mean- and then I wouldn't have liked that I didn't use strong enough language. No matter what, I wouldn't have liked the response. So I just ended it. God damn it!!!! Can't I just love my girlfriend? Is that too much to ask?!?! Could we just be happy and be in love? Why does some small-town-busy-body-man-hating-close-minded-BITCH gotta get in the middle and be a complete DOUCHEBAG?!?!?

God. I knew that this happy streak was too much. Something had to cancel it out eventually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home