Episode II: Attack of the Crohns.
Holy shit. Well, maybe if I was Jesus.
My apologies for going so long between posts. I've been busy. And by busy, I mean I've been writhing in pain. This weekend, more than 50% of my waking hours were spent in the bathroom praying. And those of you who know me, know that I don't necessarily believe in God. (I don't see evidence either way- especially with what was transpiring this weekend).
Was it food poisoning? A new ulcer? Montezuma's revenge? All plausible, but since I'm lacking health insurance, I'm going to just stare blankly and shrug. And then return to my porcelain throne. I'm done with this. No more! I need a break. Friday and Saturday were real bad- 20 minutes in the bathroom, 15 minutes laying down on my bed and moaning, then repeat until unconscious. Sunday was better- but not great. Monday I was fine until 7pm, 7:16, 7:28, and 7:42. After that I was better. Last night I was ok until after dinner.
Maybe its going away? Who knows.
What I can tell you, is that its cold outside. Its almost 10am, and its still only 8 degrees. Want to know what makes an 8 degree morning even colder??? Riding your bike to work. With no hat or scarf. Yes, I managed to miss the bus this morning. Twice. So I brought out the bike, and remembered why I had left it in the garage in the first place. You guessed it. Its cold.
There is some possible good news. Maybe. (Please don't jinx this). Campus Computing Sites has posted a job that is remarkably similar to the job I used to be doing with them (Mac assistant). Skill set: check. Experience: check. Live in the basement of the superviser to this position: check. (Seriously. I would report to my housemate). This might be too good to be true. Plus the pay is more than what I'm making now, plus benefits. I'm going to be very cautious about this. It could be a trap. But oh my god does it sound good!!! (Knowing my luck, someone 10x more qualified will apply, and he'll be someone that was RIF'd (Reduction in Force- in the real world, they call it "downsized"), and then they'll have to hire that person. (University Protocol says you have to hire Rif'd people above anyone else). Anyways, I'm stoked. I'm turning in my resume tonight.
So here's my homework assignment, America: If you believe in god, pray for me. If you believe in something else, do whatever it is you would do to bring me luck. And if you believe in fairies, clap your hands really loud so that they.... oh. Right. Anyways, we'll see what happens. Just DON'T JINX THIS.
Holy shit. Well, maybe if I was Jesus.
My apologies for going so long between posts. I've been busy. And by busy, I mean I've been writhing in pain. This weekend, more than 50% of my waking hours were spent in the bathroom praying. And those of you who know me, know that I don't necessarily believe in God. (I don't see evidence either way- especially with what was transpiring this weekend).
Was it food poisoning? A new ulcer? Montezuma's revenge? All plausible, but since I'm lacking health insurance, I'm going to just stare blankly and shrug. And then return to my porcelain throne. I'm done with this. No more! I need a break. Friday and Saturday were real bad- 20 minutes in the bathroom, 15 minutes laying down on my bed and moaning, then repeat until unconscious. Sunday was better- but not great. Monday I was fine until 7pm, 7:16, 7:28, and 7:42. After that I was better. Last night I was ok until after dinner.
Maybe its going away? Who knows.
What I can tell you, is that its cold outside. Its almost 10am, and its still only 8 degrees. Want to know what makes an 8 degree morning even colder??? Riding your bike to work. With no hat or scarf. Yes, I managed to miss the bus this morning. Twice. So I brought out the bike, and remembered why I had left it in the garage in the first place. You guessed it. Its cold.
There is some possible good news. Maybe. (Please don't jinx this). Campus Computing Sites has posted a job that is remarkably similar to the job I used to be doing with them (Mac assistant). Skill set: check. Experience: check. Live in the basement of the superviser to this position: check. (Seriously. I would report to my housemate). This might be too good to be true. Plus the pay is more than what I'm making now, plus benefits. I'm going to be very cautious about this. It could be a trap. But oh my god does it sound good!!! (Knowing my luck, someone 10x more qualified will apply, and he'll be someone that was RIF'd (Reduction in Force- in the real world, they call it "downsized"), and then they'll have to hire that person. (University Protocol says you have to hire Rif'd people above anyone else). Anyways, I'm stoked. I'm turning in my resume tonight.
So here's my homework assignment, America: If you believe in god, pray for me. If you believe in something else, do whatever it is you would do to bring me luck. And if you believe in fairies, clap your hands really loud so that they.... oh. Right. Anyways, we'll see what happens. Just DON'T JINX THIS.

2 Comments:
At 2:27 PM,
Anonymous said…
dr anne says that lots of different things can be irritating to the lining of your GI tract, and even if you haven't had an episode lately, Crohn's is a episodic, relapsing type condition - it may hav been something you ate last week or it might just have been time to have another round of porcelain worshipping. Either way, keep track of symptoms and if you continue to have the same problems, use your common sense and go to get checked out, insurance or not. ;p Plus, GET A HAT AND GLOVES! silly BenLo
At 5:16 PM,
Kathleen said…
I am going to refrain from any type of comment, even well-wishes, because I always seem to jinx you. So there. I'm not saying ANYTHING. Except this: how'd you manage to miss the bus twice?
Post a Comment
<< Home