Happy Sunday! How's everyone doing?
I had a 3 day weekend, starting with Friday, a day well spent at the North American International Auto Show. Jessica and I had a wonderful time checking out awesome looking cars. It was perhaps my favorite trip to the auto show, and I've been going for 3 years now. I'd post some pictures, but that would entail me selecting the best ones, shrinking them down, uploading them to my IFS space.... and I'm just looking to do a quick post about my week.
In other news, I had a meeting with Campus Computing Sites this past week. I wasn't too happy with my performance- I froze up and blanked a bit on the technical questions- it was all verbal, and while I didn't do too poorly, I think that given my actual knowledge, I could have answered them a little better. We'll see whether or not I come away with the job. I'm really hoping for it, but I know that there were several other qualified candidates, and any or all of them may be better suited for the job than I. I'm assuming that I didn't get the job, and if I actually do, then I will be super happy. At this point, its beyond my control.
And yo-yo-yoga! I've been doing it for a full week now, and the pain has almost subsided. I'm somewhat more flexible already- and by somewhat, I mean much, much, much more flexible. Jessica and I are taking weekly lessons from Rodger's wife, Lynne, and she's doing an excellent job at kicking my ass. I like the private lessons, as I feel able to stop and ask questions and clarify whether or not I'm doing everything correctly. So we meet on Sundays, and Jessica and I work out the rest of the week on our own. I don't know whether or not this will burn as many calories as I need to eat ice cream every day, but if I start to notice problems with my gut, I'll toss in some aerobics- maybe get on my bike or actually go to the NCRB or something. I haven't really thought about that problem yet.
Also, my gymnastics show got picked up by Comcast. They'd like to run each of my episodes at least twice, and they're giving me a full hour for my show. (Minus about 12.5 minutes of commercials that they'll add afterwards). And I'm rocking the GymFantry stuff- lots of meetings and other things going on with that group. I'm happy, because I feel like I'm making a difference- helping make a program at the University better- helping bring a deserving sport to prominence... it feels good. Sure, I'm not curing cancer or feeding the homeless, but I'm volunteering my time for a non-profit (10.0 Booster Club). :)
Thats all for now- I know that my posts have been negative lately, but don't get the wrong idea- I'm not walking around with my head down, feeling sorry for myself. I'm remaining pretty happy- pretty level headed. I'm taking the bad with the good, and I'm letting my problems slide right off my back. Don't be too concerned- I'll be awesome.
I had a 3 day weekend, starting with Friday, a day well spent at the North American International Auto Show. Jessica and I had a wonderful time checking out awesome looking cars. It was perhaps my favorite trip to the auto show, and I've been going for 3 years now. I'd post some pictures, but that would entail me selecting the best ones, shrinking them down, uploading them to my IFS space.... and I'm just looking to do a quick post about my week.
In other news, I had a meeting with Campus Computing Sites this past week. I wasn't too happy with my performance- I froze up and blanked a bit on the technical questions- it was all verbal, and while I didn't do too poorly, I think that given my actual knowledge, I could have answered them a little better. We'll see whether or not I come away with the job. I'm really hoping for it, but I know that there were several other qualified candidates, and any or all of them may be better suited for the job than I. I'm assuming that I didn't get the job, and if I actually do, then I will be super happy. At this point, its beyond my control.
And yo-yo-yoga! I've been doing it for a full week now, and the pain has almost subsided. I'm somewhat more flexible already- and by somewhat, I mean much, much, much more flexible. Jessica and I are taking weekly lessons from Rodger's wife, Lynne, and she's doing an excellent job at kicking my ass. I like the private lessons, as I feel able to stop and ask questions and clarify whether or not I'm doing everything correctly. So we meet on Sundays, and Jessica and I work out the rest of the week on our own. I don't know whether or not this will burn as many calories as I need to eat ice cream every day, but if I start to notice problems with my gut, I'll toss in some aerobics- maybe get on my bike or actually go to the NCRB or something. I haven't really thought about that problem yet.
Also, my gymnastics show got picked up by Comcast. They'd like to run each of my episodes at least twice, and they're giving me a full hour for my show. (Minus about 12.5 minutes of commercials that they'll add afterwards). And I'm rocking the GymFantry stuff- lots of meetings and other things going on with that group. I'm happy, because I feel like I'm making a difference- helping make a program at the University better- helping bring a deserving sport to prominence... it feels good. Sure, I'm not curing cancer or feeding the homeless, but I'm volunteering my time for a non-profit (10.0 Booster Club). :)
Thats all for now- I know that my posts have been negative lately, but don't get the wrong idea- I'm not walking around with my head down, feeling sorry for myself. I'm remaining pretty happy- pretty level headed. I'm taking the bad with the good, and I'm letting my problems slide right off my back. Don't be too concerned- I'll be awesome.

2 Comments:
At 5:07 PM,
Kathleen said…
Glad you like the yoga!
And I'm wishing we had Comcast ($#%&$ Brighthouse Networks!).
Glad to hear things are well!
At 4:47 PM,
Sunshine said…
congrats on the show getting picked up - how cool will that look on a resume?
and just think of the other implications of becoming more flexible ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home