Ben's Theorem on Bussing
I hereby postulize that it is impossible for both bus and rider to be on time for any given route.
I'm hoping this will be my last bus-related post, but honestly- this is ridiculous. I got into the shower a little later than I hoped this morning, and didn't even try for the first bus. But in doing so, I took my sweet time and got out the door with only 2 minutes to spare before the bus was scheduled to arrive. I ran out without buttoning my topcoat, and without tying my boots, and I chugged toward the busstop (about a 3 minute walk, but I was jog/running). Guess what!? The bus was exactly on time, and I missed it by about 80 feet. Suck! So I returned to my home, tied my boots, buttoned my coat, and proceeded to do a spot of shoveling. After shoveling the walk and a portion of the driveway, I decided it was time to head to the bus stop. I got down there 2 minutes early.... and stood.... and stood.... and stood. Mind you, its snowing, and its about 32 degrees, so when the snow hits my head, it is pretty much turning to water right away. And then after pooling in my hair, it ran down the back of my neck. Loved it. I think its time to buy a scarf.
Anyways, where was I? Ah yes.... STANDING. This time the bus is 8 minutes late. Frigging wonderful. I quit the bus. Well, no- really I just hate the bus. There's no way I'm riding my bike in this. Reasons for not riding my bike: 1) Too hilly to be riding in snow- I'll have no traction getting home. 2) I like to ride fast. I can see myself skidding into things as I attempt to brake. 3) Are you kidding? And rust out a chain? No way!
I also realized how close to Christmas it is, and that I'm about a week behind with Christmas cards. I need to get those out in the mail ASAP!!!!!! And speaking of which, I'm no longer done with my Christmas shopping- I need to pick up a few more things for Jessica- she's coming to my house for Christmas, and I'd like her to be able to open more than just 1 gift. I'll go out and get her some small things- just so she's not sitting there watching us open presents.
Cool cool! I'm gonna get back to work now. Peace out!
I hereby postulize that it is impossible for both bus and rider to be on time for any given route.
I'm hoping this will be my last bus-related post, but honestly- this is ridiculous. I got into the shower a little later than I hoped this morning, and didn't even try for the first bus. But in doing so, I took my sweet time and got out the door with only 2 minutes to spare before the bus was scheduled to arrive. I ran out without buttoning my topcoat, and without tying my boots, and I chugged toward the busstop (about a 3 minute walk, but I was jog/running). Guess what!? The bus was exactly on time, and I missed it by about 80 feet. Suck! So I returned to my home, tied my boots, buttoned my coat, and proceeded to do a spot of shoveling. After shoveling the walk and a portion of the driveway, I decided it was time to head to the bus stop. I got down there 2 minutes early.... and stood.... and stood.... and stood. Mind you, its snowing, and its about 32 degrees, so when the snow hits my head, it is pretty much turning to water right away. And then after pooling in my hair, it ran down the back of my neck. Loved it. I think its time to buy a scarf.
Anyways, where was I? Ah yes.... STANDING. This time the bus is 8 minutes late. Frigging wonderful. I quit the bus. Well, no- really I just hate the bus. There's no way I'm riding my bike in this. Reasons for not riding my bike: 1) Too hilly to be riding in snow- I'll have no traction getting home. 2) I like to ride fast. I can see myself skidding into things as I attempt to brake. 3) Are you kidding? And rust out a chain? No way!
I also realized how close to Christmas it is, and that I'm about a week behind with Christmas cards. I need to get those out in the mail ASAP!!!!!! And speaking of which, I'm no longer done with my Christmas shopping- I need to pick up a few more things for Jessica- she's coming to my house for Christmas, and I'd like her to be able to open more than just 1 gift. I'll go out and get her some small things- just so she's not sitting there watching us open presents.
Cool cool! I'm gonna get back to work now. Peace out!

1 Comments:
At 4:58 PM,
Kathleen said…
Yipes! So the drama has escalated to the point that she won't be going home for Christmas? Stinky parents!
Post a Comment
<< Home