I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Monday, December 12, 2005

The Bus Hates Me.

But Ben, you say, its impossible for a bus to have feelings. It is incapable of hate. You're using a technique called personification... and you're using it rather poorly. Why not say, "The bus listens for my footsteps, and when I'm close enough, it leaps by, leaving me in the cold of the early morn." See- that would be a much better personification- don't give it feelings- give the reader a picture of what is happening, by describing..... you know what? It doesn't matter. The bus hates me.

Here's my recipe for missing the bus twice:

1 cold basement apartment
3 snooze alarms
2 housemates that have changed their schedules to shower right around the time I'd like to
Make your lunch in the morning, and Poof: by the time you're out the door, you've missed your first bus. Now go back inside and play Puzzle Pirates (DONT GET HOOKED ON THIS GAME!) and add a bus that comes 2 minutes early. Then you'll have your second missed bus. Ride your bike to work and let your tears freeze to you cheeks as desired.

Ummmm... I missed the bus this morning and also on Friday too. I'm thinking I should just start trying to make the 8:38 bus, but if I aim for that, I may end up on the 9:08 every morning. :(

It turns out that the terrible stomach condition I had a week ago was some sort of bug- my mom said her students have been coming down with it left and right- same symptoms as mine- and it just lasts about 3 days. May you have the fortune of NOT coming in contact with said virus. Whew! I lost a good spot of weight- I haven't done a situp in 3 months and I've nearly got a six pack again. Yes, its the Ben diet. We'll give you uncontrollable boughts of diarrhea, and just when you've thought its over, we'll give you some more- just for good measure! Offer not good in Alaska or Hawaii- batteries not included, void if tag is removed.

Short of that, I'm buried in up to my head in gymnastics video. I'm trying to create a television show. And its trying to kill me. Its a lot of work- but I'm coping. Am I being paid? No. But I do get to spend a lot more time in my 9th floor office in South Quad. And thats worth something, right? Right.

Everything else is going ok. I'm starting to get bored at work. I've been working so hard the last few months to finish projects with deadlines, that I've now got very few projects left to work on. Hmmm.... maybe I should slow down.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:05 PM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    Yay! Glad I didn't jinx you! (And, excellent use of literary terminology lately, I might add) ;)

     
  • At 2:26 AM, Blogger Sunshine said…

    glad that it was just a bug and not a relapse ;) buses can be fickle things, my friend - good luck with that

     

Post a Comment

<< Home