I've learned to relax

Life sometimes passes us by if we let it. For the past few months, I have struggled with this thought, and have decided that I need to make some changes to seize the day and get the most out of life. These musings are the result.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Flat Tires and Bleeding Noses

That title pretty much sums it up for my morning. How was yours? Yes, this morning I found that my right rear tire was flat. So I grabbed a jack and began the process of changing my tire to put on my spare. Now, I've changed my share of tires- somewhere around 6 (3 in one summer long ago).... but for those of you who are somewhat unfamiliar, or who haven't changed one in a while- let me give you a couple pointers... things I wish I would have done, and learned/remembered after the fact #1) Loosen (not totally take off) the lugnuts before jacking the car up. That tire is just going to spin if you don't loosen them while the car is resting on the wheel. #2) Check your spare before planning on driving away on it. Now- I bought my car from a guy who didn't really take care of it..... and the same goes for the spare. I figured I'd be able to make it the 2 miles to Discount Tire..... but after seeing the tire, which I could physically squeeze with my fingers.... I decided having Jessica drive me to Discount tire with my flat was a better choice. Now, since it was very cold and dry, and I was straining a bit to loosen the nuts, I managed to pop a blood vessel in my nose, and began pouring blood like a faucet. No, really- like a faucet. I'm a bleeder. Anyways- long story short, cost of new tire- $80!!!!!! and my nose finally stopped bleeding just before putting the new tire on.

In other news, I produced a TV show!!!!! No- not for ResCompTV- for Comcast Local!!!! I don't think they're going to air this one- it'll likely just be an unaired pilot for them- but if they like the production quality, they'll pick up 5 more!!!! What is this show????? Reality TV? Could it be: "The Temp" or... "who wants to marry this guy?" or maybe a comedy- "Ben's car" .... no. I'm doing sports- Women's Gymnastics. I did interviews, shot packages, and got footage from the Intrasquad meet, then threw in an introduction, did some commentating with a former gymnast, added graphics, and I turned it into a decent looking hour long program. I'll burn a copy and show it to you sometime- we don't have to watch the whole hour- but its freaking awesome!

Ok- here's kind of a sample- this is a commercial I did for Comcast- this could show up on several channels in the next month: http://www.umich.edu/~umgym/Kgrams.mov (Its 8MB, so please be patient while it loads). Keep an eye out for it and let me know if you see it!

Ok. I'm starving. To those of you with blogs- keep on posting- I'm loving what I'm seeing!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    Finally got a chance to watch the commercial. Nice job! I do have to say, aside from the quality job on the video, I had to laugh out loud at the "Game-Show-Announcer-Ben" voice. I can just picture you saying it with a big open-mouthed grin on your face. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home